Friday, September 2, 2016

Reading Books‏


Hello everyone!



So, it is now September.



Anyway, this week was interesting, because we started a special project. Over the past several months there has been an effort to inventory all the books in the library. Well, the British floor books have been completed. So, now it falls on us young elders who are on my floor and the floor below to read those books, that is make sure they are in order. Although I sometimes stop and actually read them, those books are all just so interesting. That's been interesting. It is the kind of thing that can drive you crazy, but I only do it for an hour at a time, so I'll be okay.



I also found what I really love about serving here, which is helping people find their ancestors and using the equipment in the library. Last night I had an experience like that. I was helping this couple on the scanpros, which are machines that allow you to take a save or print an image from a microfilm. I spend a lot of time working on them because they are wonderful and helpful and have the temperament of teenage girl.



But I digress. I was helping this couple save some images from a microfilm and I could see how excited and grateful they were to have a copy of this record with their ancestors. And I got to be a part of it. I have noticed that in this mission spiritual experiences are harder to see because we are only allowed to bear our testimonies if we are asked. But I know they are there because that is what I experienced last night. I don't know how much of my own research I'll do, but I do know that I love helping others with theirs. I love seeing their joy and I love seeing the Spirit of Elijah change their lives, because it does. Elijah had the amazing gift from the Lord to make things happen, whether it was sealing the heavens and calling down fire or turning families to each other. I have seen that in this mission and I know that it is true.



I hope you all are doing well. May the Lord be with you all. 



--

Elder Christensen

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation- Isaiah 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment