Saturday, September 17, 2016

What is this Fall thing?

Hello everyone,

This week I learned that the mythical season known as Fall actually exists. It's a little of a strange experience, but I'm really enjoying it. I love how cool it gets at night and the leaves are starting to change color, which is really cool. Seasons are a thing.

This was a bit of an exciting week. I had a mission conference on Wednesday, which was a great experience. Also, the senior missionaries had their conference as well, and due to the fact I'm in the choir, I went as well. That was an amazing experience. There were two different speakers, both Seventies and it was a fantastic experience to hear them speak. The one on Wednesday, Elder Kopichke (spelling?) really impressed me. He talked about remembering spiritual experiences. He had people share experiences that they remembered which is always a cool experience, then he'd ask them how they or others benefited from those experiences. So it was really cool.

Something I remembered was the service I had done while I was here so far. I know, it hasn't been that long, but I tend to focus on things that I do wrong, so the good things I do tend to go unnoticed. During that talk, however, I remembered the service I had given to others, how I had helped them with find books or films or with the scanpros and how happy that made them. And as I thought of that, I felt so happy as well, knowing that I had helped them.  That was a really sweet experience, because I was able to see the good I do and how it far outnumbers the mistakes I've made.

So, I'm going to ask all of you, what spiritual experiences do you remember? How did it make you feel and how did it impact others? You don't have to answer, but if you want to I would love to hear about it.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!   
--
Elder Christensen
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation- Isaiah 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment