Friday, September 9, 2016

Abinadi is Awesome!

Hello everyone,

Not much happened this week, just the same old stuff. I found books and films, I put books and films away, I did battle with the scanpros, and I made lots of people happy.

I was reading in the Book of Mormon (how's the challenge going so far?) in Mosiah and I was touched by Abinadi's address (chapters 12-15). I have to say that has to be one of the most amazing addresses in the Book of Mormon, particularly in the lieu of the focus this month. I love how Abinadi explains the entire mission of the Savior so plainly and with such power. For example in chapter 15, verses 7-9 it reads: 

Yea, even so he shall be led, crucified and slain, the flesh becoming subject even unto death, the will of the Son being swallowed up in the will of the Father. And thus God breaketh the bands of death, having gained victory over death; giving the Son power to make intercession for the children of men- Having ascended into heaven, having the bowels of mercy; being filled with compassion towards the children of men; standing betwixt them and justice; having broken the bands of death, taken upon himself their iniquity and their transgressions, having redeemed them, and satisfied the demands of justice.

I got chills when I read this because this is the reason I get up in the morning and keep trying. No matter how hard my trials have been, no matter what mistakes I've made, no matter how many times I've fallen, I know I can start again, I have another chance. Because Christ suffered for my sins and trials and pains I don't have to, so long as I am faithful. I know that's true for me and for everyone who has, is and will live. The Book of Mormon challenge is changing my life, I can see that. I am coming to understand the Savior better than I ever have, and the Book of Mormon is the key.

I hope you all are doing well. I'll put my mailing address at the bottom of this email, just in case you would want to write me a letter or something. Have a good week everyone!

Pictures:
A watery book I found on the British floor. Also, apparently martyrology is a thing.          

--
Elder Christensen
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation- Isaiah 12:2

Elder Ryan Christensen
c/o FCHH Mission
JSMB- East 3rd Floor
Attn: Young Missionary Directors
15 E South Temple St.
Salt Lake City, UT 84150-3460

No comments:

Post a Comment