Friday, October 21, 2016

Homeward Bound

Hello everyone,

This is really hard for me to write, but I will be coming home on Tuesday. My anxiety has been getting steadily worse over the last three months and now it's getting to the point that I'm having a difficult time functioning. I thought about it and prayed about it and worried about my decision, but I now know this is the right decision. I need to come home to heal.

I've had such a wonderful experience here, this has been the three best months of my life. I will miss this immensely, but I'm looking forward to the experiences that are ahead of me. I gave my all, I have no regrets and I know the Lord is pleased with my efforts and my service. I know He loves me and it is because He loves me I need to come home. The Lord only gives you challenges you can handle, and if they come to the point where you can't handle them, He pulls you away from them, to give you a chance to recover. My battle with anxiety is far from over, but I know that the Lord is with me and with His strength I know I can do anything.

I guess the only thing left for me to say is I know that this church is true. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet and the Book of Mormon is a true book that changes lives. The Book of Mormon challenge has changed me in ways I do not yet understand completely. I know that that Jesus Christ lived a perfect life and showed us the way to salvation and then suffered and died so we can get there. I know he felt every pain, every sickness, every sin, every thorn we may have in our side. He is the only one that truly understands how we feel because He felt it Himself and if we turn to Him and trust Him, the power of his atonement will work in our lives to cleanse us and sanctify us and make us the people we want to be. I know my Savior loves me and that He loves every single one of us and if we ask, we will receive. I loved serving as a missionary, and I can't wait for what is in store for me now. Because the Lord has a plan for me and if I trust Him, it will unfold as it should for my good. I know that for me and for everyone else.

Thank you everyone for the letters, emails, prayers and encouragement you all gave me while I was here and I can't wait to see you all when I return home. See you soon.   

-- 
Elder Christensen
For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day; and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
        - 2 Timothy 4:6-8


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have the strength from your missionary experience to help you in your journey ahead. Your testimony is powerful and I thank you for sharing it.
    Sis.Olsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your testimony. I needed to hear (or read😊 that) tonight. Wishing you well in your future endeavors.
    Mary Greer

    ReplyDelete