Friday, August 5, 2016

Working in the Library



The view from my old apartment



My companion, Elder Schroeder, holding a Q book. Those are very large books that have a special section in the library. The one in the picture isn't the largest.     



Hi everyone!

This week I finished my training and started officially working in the library. That has been interesting and fun. A gentleman from France ordered over 100 films from the Granite Mountain Record vault and a couple of days ago he came and started looking through them. So that's been crazy, particularly when he finishes with a set of them we have to file them which involves a lot of shifting to find a place for them all. My companion and I refer to him as "our friend from France." That's been a very interesting experience so far, and we'll keep doing it for the next couple days.

And that's the most exciting thing that's happened zone-wise this week. I have started the Book of Mormon challenge and I can say it is wonderful. I've noticed a lot of patterns because I'm reading it too fast for details. I've especially noticed a lot of repetition, particularly of the exact nature of the covenants the Lord made with Israel and reminding people how the Lord has blessed His people in the past. And that has made me think of how the Lord has blessed me in the past. And it really is amazing how much He has especially in times of difficulty. I can testify that the Lord is aware of our challenges and He does bless us, even if we don't understand it in the moment 

Well, that's about it for this week. I'm doing well, feeling happy. I feel like I'm doing a good work and the Lord is pleased with what I'm doing.


Love you all,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment