Friday, August 19, 2016

One month down, 23 to go‏


Hi everyone!



It's official, as of yesterday I have been here one month! Which is exciting and kind of weird. I mean, I feel like I just started a week ago. I am also no longer a new elder anymore, due to the fact a new group came in this week. In line of all this, I'll list stuff I'm grateful for:



Flowers: I love all the flowerbeds around Temple Square



Microsoft Excel: The program my companion created makes putting films away so much easier



Music and the Spoken Word: That is such a wonderful way to start a Sunday morning and it is such a different experience to be there live.



The Book of Mormon challenge: I'm feeling closer to the Book of Mormon I ever have. I can feel the humanity of all the prophets within it because I'm reading it too fast to do an in-depth study of the doctrines. I can see that a lot of them had similar experiences to the ones I'm having now, both good and not so good.



The Temple: I love how strong the spirit is inside and how safe I feel. It truly is a house of God.



Elder Musgrave, the APs, my zone leaders, my district leader, Elder Schroeder and all the other elders here: Everyone has been so supportive and helpful. I have struggled with anxiety, but that's okay because everyone is here to help me and I know it.



Jesus Christ: I've come to better understand the Savior then I ever have. I have felt how much he loves me, I have a better idea of the magnitude of the Atonement, at least in terms of me and I am so grateful that He performed it. I know He lives and that all we need to do is come to Him and keep the commandments and He will take our sins, our pain, and everything that is unfair about life and He will heal them.



Well, that's about it for this week. The director of the mission choir, which I'm in, told the tenor section that we are singing too loud, which is probably the first time that's happened in the history of the church. But other than that, very there was very little about this week that was exciting, zone-wise. But that's okay, they can't all be exciting after all



Keep smiling everyone!  



--

Elder Christensen

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation- Isaiah 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment